Mechanical Ink was founded on the following core principles:
- Freedom of access to information.
- Access to the world wide web as a human right that needs to be protected.
- Owning your content through decentralization and syndication through open APIs.
- The transformative power of open source and our responsibility to ensure the ecosystem is sustainable.
- Promote and support the use and evolution of open web standards.
- Your data is yours to do with as you choose, not a form of currency to be abused by large corporations.
- Embrace a diverse culture through a remote-first work policy.